I had some left over to have lunch the next day which is always awesome!
I hope you will enjoy them as much as we did!
1 pound ground turkey
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 red bell pepper, finely diced
1 (4 oz) can water chestnuts, drained and finely diced
2 carrots, finely diced
3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
2 scallions, finely diced
1 pinch coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
1 tablespoons soy sauce, to drizzle
1 head butternut or Boston lettuce, leaves separated
1. Heat a medium skillet over medium high.
Add the turkey to the pan and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon until
browned, about 6 minutes.
2. Season with a good pinch of salt and pepper.
3. Add the garlic and saute 1 minute. Add the red bell pepper, carrots and water chestnuts and saute another 4 minutes.
4. Add the hoisin sauce and stir to coat everything.
5. Spoon the turkey mixture into each lettuce cup. Garnish with scallions and drizzle each with a little soy
6. Serve immediately. With napkins.