This recipe called for 2 cups of spinach but I only did about 1 cup and I thought that was enough. Depending on if you like spinach or not you can put as much as you like into it!
I hope your family enjoys it as much as my family did!
18 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
2 cups frozen cut leaf spinach, thawed
1 egg, slightly beaten
5oz cooked chicken or turkey chopped (1cup)
1 (15oz) ricotta cheese or 2 cups of cottage cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesan chesses
1 jar (26oz) tomato pasta sauce
2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
1. Heat oven to 350. Cook pasta shells as directed on the package.
2. Meanwhile, place thawed spinach in strainer and squeeze with fingers to remove liquid. Place spinach on paper towels or clean kitchen towel and squeeze out any remaining liquid until spinach is dry.
3. In medium bowl. mix spinach, egg, chicken, ricotta cheese and parmesan cheese, In strainer, drain pasta shells. Rinse with cool water, drain.
4. In 13 9 inch glass baking dish, spread 1 cup of the pasta sauce spoon about 2 tablespoons ricotta mixture into each pasta shell. Arrange shells, filled sides up, on sauce in baking dish. Spoon remaining sauce over stuffed shells.
5. Cover dish with foil. Bake 30 minutes. Carefully remove foil, sprinkle with Italian cheese blend. Bake uncovered 5 to 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.