This recipes has a few more steps then the out of the box pancakes and theses are going to be more healthy choice. I loved that they had all the spices in the pancakes! If you make these you HAVE to make the spiced syrup it's so amazing! I double the whole recipe (even the syrup. You could never triple the syrup) b/c this will only sever of 4.
1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
2 Eggs; separated
1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 teaspoon Freshly Ground Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Freshly Grated Nutmeg
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter; melted
Non-Stick Cooking Spray or
Butter; for greasing
Spiced Maple Syrup
1/2 cup Maple Syrup
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon Cardamom
1. Preheat a griddle to medium-high.
2. Whisk together the Almond Milk and Egg Yolks, and melted
butter. In a large bowl, whisk together the Flours, Spices, Baking Powder,
Baking Soda and Salt. Stir in the Almond Milk® mixture, making
sure not to over mix
3. In a clean bowl, whip the Egg Whites to stiff peaks. Fold into the batter.
4. Grease the griddle with non-stick spray or butter. Ladle 3 ounces of batter onto
griddle, making sure to leave space for spreading. Allow batter to cook until
edges are mostly dry and bubbles have popped on top. Flip and continue to cook
for 1 more minute or until golden. Remove to a plate and tent with foil to keep
warm while preparing remaining pancakes.
5. Serve with warm Spiced Maple Syrup.
6. For Spiced Maple Syrup: Heat syrup with spices for a few
minutes to infuse flavors.
NOTE: To keep your pancakes light and fluffy, do not over mix the batter!